If you are like me, you hang a stocking for every one of your animals. I do this because they are part of my family and I know that Santa would never forget them. Just incase you are stumped about what to get your favorite pet this holiday, I wanted to share some of my favorite gift ideas.
- Kong. No dog should have to live without a kong. Try adding their favorite treat inside like peanut butter or cookies. You can even freeze the treat inside the kong. These are great when dogs are stressed by guests or left alone for longer periods of time.
- Heated bed. This is such a luxury in the cold winter months if you live in colder climates. This is especially great for older dogs with arthritis. Here is my favorite.
- Food Puzzle. Dogs get bored too and these puzzles can really help them maintain mental health. These are especially great for herding and working breed dogs. Nina Ottoson really makes the best. Check out this puzzle.
- Furminator. This is hands down the best cat brush on the market. It is gentle and effective and will leave your house with much, much less hair. It is worth every penny!
- Heated bed. Just like dogs, cats love heated beds in the cold winter months. Some cats love heated beds in all months! Here is the one I use for my kitties. They love it!
- Da Bird. This bird on a string cat toy does an amazing job mimicking the flight of a real bird. My cats absolutely love it! Playing with your cat before feeding them can also reduce stress by mimicking catching prey.
Even if Santa doesn’t visit your house, gift giving is fun. Do you usually get your pet a gift? I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment below.
Wishing you all the joy and happiness this holiday season!