Making your own dog treats is fun, can save a ton of money while not sacrificing quality, and is usually more eco-friendly. Adding CBD into your recipe can also make it easier to give if your pup doesn’t love the taste. It’s basically a total win-win all around!
I love these CBD dog treats because they require no baking! In fact, baking would offset any therapeutic value of CBD for your pup, so even if you’re 100% chef-vibes right now, hold off on preheating the oven!
Ok, let’s jump right in!
No-Bake CBD Dog Treats Ingredients
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup peanut butter – MUST be xylitol free, as this is very toxic to dogs, and ideally no added sugar!)
- ¼ cup honey – go for local honey if possible!
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- +/- 1 tbps chia seeds – great for digestion.
- HempRx Forte (CBD)
Important: Follow this dosing chart to determine how many drops of the HempRx Forte (CBD) to administer into each treat ball based on your pup’s weight. Unless your dog is already on a specific dose of CBD at this time, start on the low end of the dosing charge. If you have a small or medium sized dog, you will likely be able to administer one dose into each treat ball. If you have a large dog, you may need to administer one dose between two treat balls.
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix pumpkin, oats, peanut butter, honey, cinnamon and chia seeds together.
- Roll each treat into a 1.5” ball and set on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Create a small hole into the treat mix using your finger, pressing about ½” deep.
- Dispense HempRx Forte drops (CBD) based on your pup’s dose into each treat and close the hole.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then store that CBD dog treats in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in a closed container.
CBD Dog Treats Feeding Guidelines
These yummy CBD dog treats should be administered with your dog’s CBD dosing in mind.
For example, if your dog’s HempRx Forte dose is 4 drops twice daily, and you have placed 4 drops of CBD into each treat, your pup gets to enjoy one treat in the morning and one treat in the evening. They will love you for this!
These bad boys are so good, that you’ll probably want to share them with your favorite humans in the house. Feel free to make a CBD-free batch and do just that!
Play around with this recipe, have fun, and let me know how you love these.
Wags and kisses,